Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How Will I Get to School This Year?

How Will I Get to School This Year? by Jerry Pallotta is new this year and begins with a child stating they are tired of riding the smelly school bus.  It's the night before school and little girl begins brainstorming lots of different ways to get to school.  They all involve a different animal.  For example, "I'll swim to class on a hammerhead shark.  But where will I park the shark?"  The illustrations done by David Biedrzycki are funny and I think my students will giggle their way through this book at the thought of the unrealistic ways to get to school.  A truly fictional piece to read while thinking exploring how we get to school.  I do love finding books you can easily see children enjoy.  I'm predicting this will be one of them.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fun book! I really needed this Tuesday as we went to a Buster the bus safety program. My kids wil love this book!

    ReplyDelete